Autism Awareness Month is Coming Up
Join NHS as we recognize individuals with autism during the month of April, and Light it Up Blue on April 2!
Light it Up Blue is a campaign spearheaded by Autism Speaks to bring awareness to autism by shining a bright blue light on the issue. April 2nd is World Autism Awareness Day, which represents that kickoff of Autism Awareness Month. During this time, world landmarks, buildings and iconic structures turn blue to show their support. In the past, the Empire State Building, the Leaning Tower of Pisa, the Sydney Opera House and over 7000 other buildings and landmarks have participated in Light it Up Blue. NHS also encourages you to build awareness for autism. We challenge you to Light it Up Blue for those fighting hard to communicate to understand others. How can you do this?
- Change existing light bulbs from white to blue
- Put up blue Christmas lights in your windows or around your home
- Challenge your street to become a “Blue-evard” by lighting every house up blue
- Project the Light it Up Blue logo on a wall or a building
- Put a Light it Up Blue sign in your yard
- Use washable car window paint to show your support
- Put up blue balloons in your office or on your mailbox
- Dye a strip of your hair blue or use a blue clip-on hair extension
- Use the hashtag #LIUB to be a part of Autism Awareness Month on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram
- Turn your website, Facebook or Twitter profile blue or use the LIUB logo
- Personalize your own LIUB Selfie Sign
Light it Up Blue – It is your time to shine! Visit www.autismspeaks.org/liub for resources and tools to LIUB!